Monday, March 12, 2012

Nkrsvrrk, Part 2

     BANGKOK.

     What is Bangkok? A city of over 12 million people. A place where all kinds of activities go down. A location with a seriously long name, abbreviated to Grung Thep. Definitely a top destination if you want to get poor.

     So, you see for yourself that you have entered the Bangkok outskirts, right? Ok. Awesome. Now, it will take over an hour to reach your destination. I could not impress enough upon you how incredibly busy Bangkok is.

     We spent some time there with a frenchman, which made it even better.

     Traveling around in downtown is usually done by BTS, and unfortunately whenever you get on and off the BTS system you have to scan a card ticket through these people counter gates. When your card goes in the slot you have about a half second before the red blocks close on you! I was terrified. We got to the Siam center just in time to get hungry, so we of course had to stumble upon the most expensive method to drink tea ever. It turned into a lunch of the best curry I have ever had and will ever have. I recommend it, but for the flavor, not the pricetag.




     Before the three of us joined at the ice skating rink, we had smoothies, and for me, an all expense paid piece of cheesecake. I love Nam. <3. It was odd to be ice skating in a tropical country. I'll be honest, most of the Thai people around me were much better at skating! My ankles got a little sore but the rink was good quality enough that I didn't fall. Fun day, and at the end we were super hungry and got some always delicious no matter what Jonathan says McDonald's.

     The next day was supposed to have been Ayutthaya. However, I was not feeling so well, probably from extreme temperatures. Therefore, more Bangkok!!

     Heated Japanese toliets...just don't be curious and press one of the buttons.
     Before returning to my host family, I experienced the classic Tuk Tuk in Bangkok. An expensive way to waste a few hours is getting lost in the central traffic area. mai bpen lai. The driver was very patient. If you ever read this, driver of my tuk tuk, I want to give you a huge thanks for dealing with two teenage farangs while at a traffic standstill!



      I have fake nails, for the first time. It's taken me a week to get used to them. The lady did a very nice job even though I had to rush off to my van before the flowers could be painted on. I'm sad to part with my Oregonian, but I'm so thankful for the chance to experience a new part of Thailand.

1 comment:

  1. Haha wow 12 mil! That is over 2x the ENTIRE population of Finland! Sounds like you had a great time, I am definitely going to go sometime; sounds like I'll need a tour guide though ;D

    ReplyDelete